Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

Everyday Ruralty
Have you ever been on a boat? (Motor boat, sail boat, cruise ship, ark, or Good Ship Lollipop)?
Yes.  We had a motor boat growing up.  I even water skied!  We use to go camping every summer.  Being out on the water was something we really enjoyed doing as a family.

Do you need an alarm to wake up in the morning, or do you wake up naturally? If you have an alarm, tell us what type. I do not normally need an alarm in the morning.  I do have one on my phone.  It sounds like an emergency alarm.

Have you ever had a yard sale? Yes.  My mom and I had one last year.  I honestly think they are just way too much work.  I tend to use Craigslist more often throughout the year.  I've also used Freecycle.org a lot.

Do you like kitchen gadgets? Yes!  What are some of your favorite? My submersion blender and my breadmaker are my favorites.

Do you read labels at the grocery store? Sometimes.  I do a lot of my research at home. 

Stop over to Everyday Ruralty to visit more porch chats.


Debbie Huffaker said...

Stopping by from Ms. Patrice's Chats on the Farmhouse Porch. Glad to meet you!!

Rachel E. said...

Funny - a few of you have noted appliances as gadgets. I never thought of that. I guess they are. If so, I have a lot of gadgets. :) I just don't use many all the time. If I included appliances, I would say my wheat grinder would be the most used gadget.

My Kid's Mom said...

I love my breadmaker too!

Mary said...

I do a lot of research at home too. Computers sure do make it easy! Enjoyed my visit.

Patrice said...

I agree with you about yard sales. I've been a bit afraid to do Craigslist after stories of creepy people, but I'm glad if it's worked for you. I love my immersion blender. It's the best for soups and sauces. Have a great week!

Madonna said...

I have always wanted a submersion blender

Sandra said...

Yard sales ARE a lot of work, aren't they? I haven't had one since leaving Idaho....many years.

Love my immersion blender and my breadmaker too :)

Hope you're having a great week.