Thursday, December 13, 2012

My day...

It started with a cup of wake-me-up.
 
We went to our favorite place on earth...The Genesee Country Village and Museum for the Yuletide Christmas tour.  It was a lot of fun.  We learned so much about the history of how we celebrate Christmas.  From decorations to carols we sing.
 
We also enjoyed a reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas".  We learned a lot about the progression of Santa Claus.
 
 
After a few hours of strolling through Christmas 1800's style we headed home. 
 
 
For the first time in 2 years I have time to do the things I love.  Last night at 11 PM I submitted my final paper and final exam at Liberty University.  I was so overcome with emotions.  I was excited as I turned in my final paper and exam.  Then the flood gates opened and I was sobbing uncontrollably.  It has been a long 2 years.  I struggled toward the end because I felt like I was not being the wife and mother I was called to be. 
 
So after getting back from the museum I kind of felt lost.  When hubby leaves for work that was the time I hit the books.  I would work on schoolwork for about 4 hours on and off during the evening.  So after I finish this blog post I'm going to grab my Kindle and read a book that I CHOOSE to read. 
 
Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
 
I was not sure what to do first.  So I grabbed a cup of coffee...
and enjoyed the tree lights. 
 
Psalm 106:1
Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
 
Then I...
Did some dishes.  This might not excite most people.  Doing dishes is so relaxing to me.  Probably more so now than before.  A sink full of dirty dishes means we have plenty to eat.  I chose to say a prayer of Thanksgiving while doing dishes.
 
Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
 
 
I grabbed the vacuum and cleaned the living room. 
 
Leviticus 11:32
Anything on which any of them falls, when they are dead shall be unclean, whether it is any item of wood or clothing or skin or sack, whatever item it is, in which any work is done, it must be put in water. And it shall be unclean until evening; then it shall be clean.
 
The best part of my day so far was when I was able to sit down and work on some mug rugs I'm making for gifts.  I've had this fabric for a long time stored away.  I bought myself a rotary cutter with mat on clearance last year.  I will slowly make my way back into a homemaking groove.  I will be sitting down this weekend to plan out my first menu!!  It's the little things I've really missed while in college.  Don't get me wrong I loved learning at Liberty University.  But I was just ready to get back to what a really enjoy....my family!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

So excited and happy for you. You've worked so hard these past two years and it's a huge accomplishment.

I've even more excited that you're going to be diving right back into homemaking and doing the things you truly love :) How fun!

Hope you have a wonderful night and can't wait to follow along :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Renee said...

Congratulations - what an accomplishment!