Sunday, June 17, 2012

Enjoying God's Creation


Not far from our house is a nature trail.  It is such a beautiful place to sit and relax.  So this morning we grabbed our Bibles and headed to the nature trail.


What a better place to study God's Word than in the great outdoors.  There is a beautiful gazebo that we all sat in.

"For the Lord Most High is awesome;
He is a great King over all the earth."

Psalm 47:2

We all spent time praying and giving thanks to God for all we have. 

"So Jesus said to them, Because of
your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you,
if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain,
Move from here to there, and it will move; and
nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20

Coming together as a family to pray and worship God.  There is nothing better!

"I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth,
as we received commandment from the Father."

2 John 4

I love hearing the sweet heartfelt prayers of our children.

"But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 19:14

After my Husband led us in a Bible study on prayer, we went on a short hike in the woods.   We were able to observe different trees throughout the hike.  Oak trees, maple trees and many more.


Hannah and I observed the many different types of small flowers on our hike. 

It's really hard to get great shots of these small flowers with the lens I had with me.  The wind kept blowing them.  Still beautiful none the less.
The smallest purple flower I've seen this year.

"The grass withers, the flower fades,
Because the breath of the Lord blows
upon it;
Surely the people are grass."

Isaiah 40:7

Then of course I had to get a picture of the kids.

"I will make Your name to be
remembered in all generations;
Therefore the people shall praise You
forever and ever."

Psalm 45:17

There are many moss covered rocks on the trail as well. 

"For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock."

Psalm 27:5

Deep into the woods.  Of course the discussions were about the pioneers.  If you can...shut off your electronics and head outside.  Listen to the birds singing, wind blowing through the leaves.  Talk with your children about God's creation.

"I will meditate on the glorious
splendor of Your majesty,
And on Your wondrous works."

Psalm 145:5

No comments: