Thursday, October 6, 2011

Making Your Home a Haven Challenge Week 1


Since we have moved I have felt so overwhelmed with all there is to do to feel settled.  When I saw this challenge on a fellow TOS Crewmate's Blog I thought this is PERFECT timing.  So here we go!

This is hosted by Women Living Well.  I can't wait to go through this.  I am starting late...but better late than never.

Here is this week's challenge:
Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I will be starting mine in the morning! But you can start yours at dinner time. Do what makes sense for your family. I will be placing mine in the kitchen – the main hub of my home. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.
 
 
Each week we will have a challenge.  She also has given me something to really think and pray about.  On her blog post she asks if we are like one of two women.   We are asked to compare the two women and see what our home is like.
 
HOME #1 the woman:
The woman of the home is distant.
The woman of the home is distracted.
The woman of the home is crabby.
The woman of the home is discontent.
The woman of the home does not pray.
 
OR am I more like:
 
HOME #2 the woman:
The woman of the home is engaged.
The woman of the home is wise with her time management.
The woman of the home has a pleasant demeanor.
The woman of the home is content.
The woman of the home prays.
 
Oh I would love to say that I'm just like the woman in home #2.  But I'd be lying!  I am not always engaged in the goings on in my home.  I tend to get so wrapped up in what I HAVE to do I forget to do what I should be doing. 
 
Proverbs 14:1
"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."
 
So the challenge says to light a candle and pray each time you see the flicker of the candle.   I have a candle in the kitchen and a lighted potpourri pot in the living room.  Same little twinkle. 
 
It's not too late to take the Making Your Home a Haven Challenge.  Go on over and visit Courtney at Women Living Well blog.
 

No comments: