Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Download N Go Review~~Chocolate Challenge


This review was anticipated by our chocolate lover Hannah!!  Although we are technically "done" with school this year, we learn all year long!!  That is what I love most about Download N Go.  These studies can be used as a stand alone study or as a extra in your home.  I think these are great for any family...not just homeschoolers.  This is a great way to combat the "I'm bored" things that come from kids after about 2 weeks of summer vacation.

Click HERE to purchase Chocolate Challenge.
Here is a sneak peek of the pages you get with this study.  There are pages you can print for the children to do through out the study.  You will also love the many links of videos, extra activities to accompany your study.  Although, these studies are made for ages K-4 we have used them for months with our children that are older.  They have a more active roll in their learning.  They go through the studies day by day and learn how to do independent study.  Then I have our children "teach" me the lesson. 

The week looked something like this:
Day 1: Chocolate-What is it?
Day 2: Chocolate-The Story
Day 3: Chocolate-The Types of Chocolate
Day 5: Chocolate-Have a Chocolate Party!

With this study we traveled to South America, learned fractions, how to say chocolate in different languages, learned about all the different "chocolatiers", how chocolate bars are made (we hope to visit Hershey PA very soon!!) and sampled different types of chocolate.  Since I do not like chocolate I skipped this activity.  Yes it's true I do not like chocolate...LOL!

This is what other reviewers have to say about this study:





2 comments:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Yummy!!! Seriously, I am going to have to get this unit one of these days. It makes me drool!

Annette said...

you don't like chocolate? i just find that interesting. :) sounds like your children do though. (a net in time)