Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Walt Disney World Here we Come!!


It's official...December 10th we will be at Walt Disney World!!  Yesterday my best friend from high school got us a GREAT deal on a resort.  Not just any resort.....

THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!!  I'm so beyond excited.  I think I will probably drive my husband crazy talking about Disney.  I remember visiting Laura in the summer of 1990, we went past this resort and I remember thinking someday I'm going to stay there.  YEA!! 

It's not just the hotel that I'm excited about it's seeing my high school best friend again after SO many years.  We are really (I mean really tempted) to move there and get a job.   Being able to spend some time with her again after all this time is going to be great.  I'm not sure our husbands (or children) know what they are in for!!

This is our very first ever family vacation!  We've take small family trips with my parents and siblings.  But my husband has never been out of state very much.  I think he went on a bus with his mom to Missouri when he was 8.  But nothing since.

We are taking the Amtrak train from here to FL.  That is going to be a lot of fun.  We will be spending 3 hours in New York City on our way down.  As well as 3 hours on our return trip.  We were going to spend a day or so in NYC but I think by that time we will be ready to return home.  It will take us a full day to get to FL but we are looking forward to it. 

Check back often to see our vacation plans.  I'm going to be posting from time to time about what's worked for us and has not.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I know it's wrong to be envious, but the GRAND FLORIDIAN! I'm anxious to hear more about the deal you got. We had a character meal there last year and spent some time looking around the resort. It's just absolutely gorgeous. We'd love to stay there but couldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole! I'm so happy for you guys!

Alicia K said...

The Grand Floridian is our favorite resort at Disney!! My daughter asked the last time we stayed there if we could live at the resort forever. Can't wait to hear all about your plans ... GF has some great kid activities that my children just loved - Pirate Cruise and the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party.

Renee said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful time!