**I received this product free for review, in exchange for my honest opinion.**
I was excited to be chosen for this to review. Writing is one thing our children do not like to do. They would rather go to the dentist. We were asked which level we would want to try. So we picked level 1. Here is the description of the program....
From the website...
Suggested Ages: 11-13
- Lesson plans formatted in an easy-to-follow system
- Reinforces the construction of a basic sentence
- Improves sentence structure with basic grammar and figures of speech
- Teaches the organizational process of brainstorming, outlining, rough draft and editing.
- Quickly develops more interesting, informative sentences
- Steps to writing the basic paragraph
- Progress to writing two-paragraph papers
- Guidelines, checklists and correct structure
- Creative poetry writing
- 30 lessons with lesson plans for either a one- or two-year format
Email: bcelsor (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
Complete Curriculum Package 1: Sentence to Paragraph Lessons 1-30 $100 + tax and/or shipping
Curriculum Package 2: Sentence to Paragraph Lessons 1-15 $65 + tax and/or shipping
There are other packages to choose from. Click on the link to view them all.
My thoughts about the product...
It took me a few days to read through the introduction, I think they could simplify it a bit. Even after that time I really did not think I had a grasp on what I was supposed to do. But we went forward with it. I figured we would get the hang of it eventually. It took some time, tears and threats...no not really!! The lessons are very well planned out and very complete.
The really nice thing was they suggested we get the Mind Benders from Critical Thinking Press, we already had a couple of them so we used them.
I can really see progress in my children's writing since starting this. I will defiantly continue with this. They have even asked (once) to work on their writing assignments! :-) Baby steps....baby steps. That is what is so great with this...it has given the children the confidence in their ability to write correctly.
Go on over to the TOS Crew blog and see what other crew members had to say about this.