Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cooking Thursday~~Stuffed Pepper Soup


I am a lazy type of a cook.  I do not like to fuss over things especially when we are crunched on time.  We love stuffed peppers but I do not like all the work associated with them...at least I think its a lot of work.  So one day...I got mad...I know there's a big shock!! LOL!  I threw everything in the pot and it was GOOD!

Stuffed Pepper Soup

1 pound ground beef
1 clove of garlic minced
1 bag frozen peppers and onions (I use to use 4 bell peppers and 2 onions)
3 beef bouillon cubes
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 cup long grain rice (more or less if you want it a thick stew or thin soup)
1/8 cup brown sugar

Cook the ground beef until no longer pink.  Add garlic, peppers, onions and bouillon cubes cook until peppers and onions are soft.

Add spaghetti sauce bring to a boil then add rice and brown sugar cook until rice is done.

Many times I add more rice because we like it more of a stew consistency.  Serve with crackers or corn bread.  You can also throw this all in a crock pot and cook.  But cook the beef first.

I really must remember to take more pictures in the kitchen while I'm making these things!  For more recipes go on over to Diary of a SAHM.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I make a variation of this and my whole family loves it. I've bookmarked your recipe to use next time. Isn't it great that soup weather is finally here! Have a wonderful rest of the week.

annies home said...

sounds delicious and a bit of break from normal soup night I believe i will add it to the menu