Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cooking Thursday~~Fudgies


Last night at our kids club program at church we had a tailgate party.  Each leader was asked to bring cookies.  Around 5pm I remembered I needed cookies!!  Considering I couldn't go to the store to buy cookies I had to find something I could make in an hour.  I remembered cookies my Mom use to make.  Some people know them as no bake cookies.  I call them fudgies.  A few of the children loved the cookies so much they asked me to give their Mom the recipe and I know she reads my blog so this is for you Kathi!!

Fudgies

2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups quick oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Boil for 1 minute.

Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter mix until peanut butter is melted.  Add oatmeal and stir until well mixed.

Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper and let cool.

These are the easiest cookies I've ever made!!  ENJOY!

To see other recipes go on over to Diary of a Stay at home Mom.

No comments: