Monday, August 16, 2010

CSN Store Review and a Recipe!


I was contacted by CSN Stores a while back to do a review.  I've done them in the past and was very excited to pick something again.  It is always like Christmas all over again for me.  This time I decided I would like some really good bake ware.  Cookie sheets, cake pan, 2 round cake pans and a brownie pan.


It has been way too hot to actually use these pans.  But I decided one morning I really needed to make something with them so I could post about the pans.

The pans I got were Farberware pans.  I wanted really good durable pans.  I usually just go with the cheap kind that usually rust after the first use.

I made brownies, cookies and a cake with the pans...but for some reason I forgot to take pictures of them...LOL!

The cookies i made were peanut butter cake mix cookies.  The cake I made was:

Fresh Apple Cake

2 c. flour
1/2 c. raisins
4 apples, chopped
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs, unbeaten
1/2 c. nuts
1&1/2 t. soda
1 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix raisins into the flour before adding all the other ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon by hand. When the batter is mixed until smooth, spoon into a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake 45 minutes to an hour. Good served with whipped topping.

I LOVE CSN stores!  I highly recommend them for ALL your shopping needs.  They have over 200 online stores full of all kinds of products.  Go on over and check them out.  Even their customer service department is the best.  I had a question about my shipment and they answered it right away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great review! Thanks for the recipe too - can't wait to try it out.