Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cooking Thursday--Quick Chicken Corn Chowder

Quick Chicken Corn Chowder

2 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts(I used left over turkey)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 3 ears)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn

Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and jalapeño; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until thick (about 5 minutes).

To see other recipes for Cooking Thursday visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

4 comments:

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

A jalepeno?
Aye chee wah wah, momma! (I know that is all spelled wrong and everything!)
Sounds good to me!
I make corn chowder all the time- but I think I will add a jalepeno and cheekin :) to it next time!
Yes!
I will be your new BFF!
I need a new one. I wore out the old one!
You are fun!
Blessings to you my new BFF! ;)

Prairiemaid said...

Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by this morning. I am now following you, so I will be able to find your lovely blog again!

May you and your family have a great weekend.

Renee said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

This sounds fabulous!

My kids love zucchini chowder so I'm sure they would love this one as well.

Thanks for sharing!