Saturday, January 16, 2010

Book Review...How to reach your full potential for God.


This book could not have come at a better time in my life. This quote from the book is one that I will not forget, "If you truly want to reach your full potential, you must have a clean heart, a clear mind, and a balanced schedule."

What really hit home was in Chapter 4-"Essential #1 A clean heart". He talks about what causes sadness in God...ME!! When I reject His plan and direction. Boy! Ouch right of the bat...time for the steel toes. How many times in my life have I done what I want? In a nutshell my sins cause Him sadness. This book also showed me that just carrying my Bible to church, or just opening it to look up a verse here and there. I need to be in the Word every day, studying and memorizing.

There are seven essential steps you need to take according to this book. These steps are: "A clean heart, a clear mind, using your gifts, a healthy body, right relationships, balanced schedule and taking God-approved risks." The last one was a hard one for me to digest. I like my comfort zone. I do not like to step outside of this zone. My husband and I have been called into ministry. We have talked lately about where we feel God is leading us. We both feel strongly he is leading us into missions. My first thought is Hawaii here we come! See there I go again...COMFORT! I have no idea where the Lord will lead us but we are very excited to go anywhere.

God gives us a lot of challenges in our lives. Why? To strengthen us and to prepare us for His plan in our lives. No matter where we go or what we do God is right there with us at the end of the book Charles Stanley challenges us to make a list of verses that speak to me (the reader) about God's promises, provision, protection and love for me. Memorize them and recite them often. I will be doing this and posting them here on my blog.

I highly recommend this book! It is a must read. No matter how strong you feel your faith is. This book will bring you to your knees!

No comments: