Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week Happenings

This week has been a very busy one. I've been preparing for our school year to start on Monday. We are beginning our 4th year of home school. I am very excited about this year. We will be using the Prairie Primer this year.

This curriculum goes through all 9 of Laura Ingalls Wilder's books. I think I am more excited about this than the children are! Not only that but next weekend there is Laura Ingalls Wilder day at the museum we go to. There is going to be a guest appearance there of Karen Grassle, the actress who played Ma. I am SO excited to be able to meet her.
Now for some more exciting news. I've mentioned it hear before but I have signed up to be a Close to My Heart consultant! Thursday I got my kit delivered! I even took a picture of the UPS man delivering my package...LOL! Poor guy...I felt like a stalker!!

Sorry about the quality of the picture, I was taking it through the window. It was like Christmas day here for me. I shut myself in our bedroom and tore into the box. The kids came in and said, "Can we help?" No it's mine mine mine all mine...LOL!! Of course I let them help...a little bit. I will be teaching people how to make cards and scrapbooks using stamps. I love the products better than anything I've used before.
I am so excited about this adventure I can hardly contain myself. I'm just waiting to get my first gathering scheduled so I can get this under way!! I will be posting many pictures of my art work that I finish. There are so many things for each person. No matter what your level of scrapbooking or card making you can create beautiful things with our products. OK the commercial is done. Many of you who read my blog are from across the country, so eventually if any of you are interested, I am thinking of a way to do a virtual workshop or a virtual gathering. I'm going to do it right here on my blog. I'm just working out the details in my head.

No comments: