Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gratituesday

Each and everyday I find more and more to be grateful for. I am so grateful for family and friends. We have received such an overwhelming amount of prayers and support during this time. I am usually the one doing the giving and it has been very humbling being on the receiving end.

My Husband has been such a blessing to us. There is so much that I use to do that I just can't do now (but I am confident I will) he tended the garden this year with the Children's help (although he doesn't like to garden), he mowed the lawn, started getting the house ready for painting (he doesn't like being on ladders) he is working full time and going to school part time. Now he is preparing to take over the housework, along with his little helpers.

The hardest part for me is going to be not to worry about him doing all this stuff and concentrate on me resting and recovering. He has never complained once about all his extra work. I thank God each and every day for my Husband.

So Thursday is the day I will be going in for surgery and this will be my last Gratituesday post until I am able to sit at the computer again. I pray each and every one of you has a very Merry CHRISTmas.

To read other Gratituesday posts stop by the Heavenly Homemakers blog.

6 comments:

Pastor Ron said...

Hey Lest us do the stuff for you this time! Just sit back and get better...We love you!

Lora said...

Dear Jen,
You are the winner of the sterling silver Christmas tree pendant and earrings! Congratulations. Please leave me a comment on my blog or e-mail me to let me know your address so I may send it off to you.
Your blog is beautiful Jen, so peaceful, I will be back to visit and thank you so kindly for visiting me.
Praying for peace for your surgery,
Lora

Anonymous said...

Praying for your surgery, hope everything goes well and you are able to rest and recover...
Toni

Farrah said...

Prayers for your surgery! Hope it goes well.

Blessings to you and yours!

Merry Christmas

Laura said...

I'm so glad your hubby is taking such good care of you. I pray your surgery will go well and that you will have a fast recovery. We'll miss you on Gratituesday! God bless you, Jen.

Christiana said...

Hope that recovery goes well, and that your surgery makes a huge difference!