Monday, November 24, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...


Outside my Window...
It is bitter cold here. We had a bunch of snow this weekend on and off. It is supposed to make it to the 40's today. Yippeee! They are calling for a mid week snow "event". I always chuckle when they call it that. It means they really aren't sure what it will be...snow, rain, freezing rain.


I am thinking...
How much the Lord provides for us. My Husband has a pretty good job, where he works there is always a need for the supplies he makes. There were 3 prayer requests in Church yesterday for Husbands loosing their jobs as of January. My prayers and my heart goes out to them.


I am thankful for...
Our new Church family. We have started getting to know a lot of families. The children have made many friends, many of whom are also homeschooled. They will be getting together with them through out the winter. We do not live too far away from them.


From the Learning Room…
We are going to be finishing up our Thanksgiving Unit. We are also going to be putting our lapbooks together. We have made small books on each subject/book we read.


From the kitchen...
Meatloaf for supper, pumpernickel bread, squash and corn pudding for Thanksgiving.


I am wearing...
Warm clothing!


I am reading...
The notes from Sunday night Bible study on Inductive Method of Bible study. I have really enjoyed this study. In just 2 weeks I have started getting much more from God in my daily time with him.


I am praying...
For safe travels to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. Also, for a wonderful time with family.


I am hearing...
The children starting to get their breakfast around. My son watching his science show.


Around the house...
Many projects, I'm trying to finish up my Grandmother's Christmas present so we will be able to take them down with us. I'm working on "thinning" out our stuff so the house will be nice and clean after my surgery. I almost feel as if I'm "nesting". LOL


One of my favorite things...
The laughter of my Children, warm embrace of my Husband.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Cleaning, schooling, baking, traveling, crafting, scrapbooking, birthday party for my nephew, pizza party for our daughter to attend, Tuesday night service at Church instead of Wednesday.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
At our ladies' craft day we learned basic decorative painting. I really enjoyed it so I found an mayo jar and painted it up with a winter scene. I then place a string of white lights inside. When it is dark we turn it on and it lights up the snowman and the area around him, which I put glitter on the paint.

To read other daybooks go to the Simple Woman's daybook blog.

11 comments:

Anita said...

I, too, am thankful for my husband having a very secure job... and pray for all those who make up the newest unemloyment figures... those are people, not just statistics!

Love your snowman idea - thats really cute!

Thanks for stopping by Prairie Dreams!

Sandra said...

Jen, I'm so glad your family enjoyed the Pizzeria Pot Pie. Hope you guys like the meatloaf too :)

Great daybook, I love snowmen, so that is just an awesome idea :)

Hope you have a great week and safe travels.

Hugs,
Sandra

Jenny said...

Snow? Make it to the 40's? We are getting down to the 40's at night but 50-60's in the day with no sight of snow. Thanks for visiting my daybook. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Pastor Ron said...

You can also make your own dried Potpourri in your food dehydrator and when it is finished put it in with the lights sprinkle it lightly with water and poke holes in the lid and voile you have a VERY inexpensive nice smelling seasonal decoration...It may be nice to have that when you wish you could me baking after your surgery....Orange peals and cinnamon work really well...those you need cinnamon sticks!

Anonymous said...

Love the snowman!!

And yes, my bamboo socks have turned out to be quite comfortable. Who would have thought?

Blessings,
Kym

flmom said...

Meatloaf sounds good to me right now! I really like the painted jar - what kind of paint did you use?

Tammy said...

Enjoyed your day book entry - very cute snowman by the way. :-) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thia said...

The weathermen get bored I think, so they love winter when they can predict "events." It doesn't matter if the event comes off or not. They always tell us we're having "events," but we only realy get one or two a year.

Pastor Ron said...

Speaking of events...the one that occurred last night..Did I miss something on the news or what Jenny they Weren't calling for Anything BUT rain and we got everything BUT rain!

Tiffany said...

I enjoyed your daybook, thanks for visiting mine. I LOVED the snowman jar and would love to try to make it. If you get a chance could you let me know what kind of paint you used? I can check back here to see if there is a comment from you.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Marge said...

Hi Jen,
So nice to meet you and your adorable children. How fortunate they are to have a Mom like you.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
Hugz, Marge @ living-little.