Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Word Filled Wednesday



Ecclesiastes 11:6
In the morning sow your seed, And in the evening do not withhold your hand; For you do not know which will prosper, Either this or that, Or whether both alike will be good.

How many times in our lives do we say, "Oh that was a great opportunity to witness to..." Or how many times have you witnessed to a person and you feel like they just are not getting it. That has happened many times to me on both counts. God places people in our lives for a reason and we need to take the opportunities and share the Gospel. One opportunity I had recently was when a young man crashed in our lawn and hit our car, which was in the driveway at the time. He came feet from hitting our home. He was intoxicated at the time. I must admit I did not act like a Christian at the time. But the young man and his father came back the following day and he (the young man) apologized to us. I in turn apologized to him, after much debate with God over this one, "ME apologise to him!?" But God laid upon my heart to share my faith with him. I must admit this is the first time I had ever done so. I reached out to the boy who in an instant changed our lives forever. While I was talking I had no idea at the time where all the words were coming from. I know now that they were coming from God. About a month ago we saw this young man in the store and he stopped us and said, "Thank you so much for saving my life". He has been going to church and is now getting his life on tract. I do not know if he has accepted Christ or not, but the seed has been planted. It is all in God's time when people come to him. It is up to us to be aware of the people God places in our lives. Is it easy, No.

The picture above reminds me that yes we are only one person in the world but if we plant many seeds like this wheat stalk many will come to know Christ. All we have to do is talk, who doesn't like to do that?

To read other Word Filled Wednesday posts stop by 160 Acre Woods blog.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, bless you for doing the work of God.

Kristi said...

Wow! That is what this life is all about. Way to go! Neither one of you will ever be the same again. I just love it when God lets us be a part of what He is doing. Blessings to you!

Alexis said...

Great post - I loved the story of the young man. Happy WFW!

Melanie said...

What a great story of planting seeds. Bless you!

Happy WFW!

Jennifer said...

Great post!! Isn't is amazing how God brings people in our life to share the gospel with!!

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Amen! Great post, photo, and verse!

Amydeanne said...

what an amazing testimony you have there! Hugs!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

that was really good. I have felt like I need to pay a lot more attention to the opportunities that come my way. In fact it is something I have been praying about lately. Your words have really inspired me.