Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple Woman's Day Book

For Today...

Outside my Window... the sun is shining, it is a great cool crisp morning with birds eating away at the bird feeders.

I am thinking... I love this time of year. I especially love to watch the wildlife gathering food for the winter. Kind of like we do with our preserving foods from our gardens.

I am thankful for... my family and everyone that is willing to help out in times of need.

From the Learning Room...we are beginning our study of Canada, so there are a lot of maps from Canada, books on Canada, ect.

From the kitchen... jars of tomatoes freshly canned, many containers from the Mennonite bulk food store we went to Saturday. I still have to separate things into smaller containers.

I am wearing... sweatshirt, sweatpants, socks, slippers. My favorite fall attire.

I am reading... Bible, The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaffer, this is the one I won off of the HSKubes' blog. The Secret of Contentment by Juanita Purcell, this is our Monday night woman's Bible Study.

I am hoping... for answers after I have my nerve test Thursday to determine the extent of damage (if any) to my spine due to a break in my back.

I am hearing... my son looking through a book on the couch behind me. Every once in a while I hear an ever so soft and sweet..."Mommy I love you!"

Around the house... roofing materials, paint and tarps....we are finally going to be making repairs to the house and painting. I'll be posting before and after pictures when we are finished.

One of my favorite things... the smell of autumn.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Canada studies, test on Thursday (I'll be in the hospital the whole day), rest, rest, rest.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Hot Pepper Jelly my daughter and I made.

To read other daybooks go on over to the Simple Woman's Blog and check them out...better yet join in on the fun.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visitng my blog. You jelly looks good(although I have never had it!)

Have a blessed week!

Heart 4 My Home said...

Your jelly sire does look pretty. Almost too pretty to eat! *grin*

~blessings

Betty said...

I love the fall too! Thanks for the visit at my blog.
Your hot pepper jelly looks good, although I´ve never tasted anything like that before....

Amydeanne said...

i've heard of pepper jelly before, but never had it! Is it hot? or sweet? lol or a bit of both?

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen,
I'll be praying for your test on Thursday. I'd love to see all your goodies from the Mennonite store, wish I had one of those to go to!
God Bless,
Judy

Pamela said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your good wishes. Looks like you're in for a lot of baking with your goodies from the Mennonite Bulk Food Store.

Having an unresolved health issue myself, I know how unsettling it is and I hope your nerve test gives you the answers you seek.

HsKubes said...

I hope you enjoyed your week and have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!
And I hope you are enjoying the book! ;o)

~ Christina