Monday, September 8, 2008

Simple Woman Day Book

For Today...

Outside my Window... birds are singing joyfully at the feeder.

I am thinking... it sure looks like autumn is on its way.

From the learning room...It looks like Mexico here. We are studying Mexico for the next 2-3 weeks. The girls and I are starting their "woman class" this afternoon, it is a lot like home ec. But much more, we are creating a hope chest for each of them. My husband and my son are doing "man class" also, instead of a hope chest they are making a tool box. The children are so excited about this.

I am thankful for... God's daily guidance for our lives.

From the kitchen... fresh homemade brownies. A roast slow cooking in the cast iron pan in the oven.

I am wearing... sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I was so happy to get these out of storage for the cooler weather.

I am reading... Proverbs, Honoring God through our Traditions by Noel Piper, Time will tell by Robin Jones Gunn (I have not started this one yet but will this week)

I am praying... that my Husband has a better week of classes. Satan did everything in his power last week to trip up my Husband. His books were delayed from the college, our computer just stopped working for no reason and is fine now, kids have been acting up, ect ect. But even through all this and a lot of prayer Matt finished his 700 word essay with 5 hours to spare!!

I am hearing... the children cleaning their rooms....I hope they are anyway.

Around the house... I will finish the dusting today and vacuum.

One of my favorite things... autumn scented candles.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... school, library, Church, picnic(s) Saturday, we have our homeschool group picnic and our Sunday School picnic both on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Hot Pepper Jelly. I love the color of it.

For more daybooks stop by Peggy at the Simple Woman's Blog and check them out or join us with this great meme.

7 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

I like pepper jelly, cream cheese and crackers.

Heart 4 My Home said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook. I have never had hot pepper jelly but have seen it many times. Maybe I will venture and try it one day.

I am in agreement with you over your husband's week. The enemy is such a crafty imp that we need to stop him in his tracks. Thank You Father that because of You we always have victory! Praise God!

~Blessings

Sandra said...

Enjoyed reading your daybook Jen :)

My Daybook

Pamela said...

Buenos diás! I hope you have a great study on Mexico. Are your daughters old enough/young enough for the American Girl stories? We really enjoyed reading the Josefina series.

Have a wonderful week.

Sweet Woodruff said...

If you want, you can check out www.thegrocerygame.com

You cut out your coupons and go here on Sunday to get a print out of all the deals at your local stores. You shop the deals, plus use your coupons and you end up getting stuff at a steal of a price. They have a data base and know when items hit the bottom dollar price. You buy at that time and stock up. For example, I bought the large Spray and Wash yesterday for .90 cents each so I got two for later use. Clear as mud?

It took me a few weeks to finally figure it out and feel comfortable with the system. I was soooooooo overwhelmed. You also have to stick with it for about 12 to 16 weeks before you start seeing a huge amount of savings. I've been doing it 6 weeks and can already see a difference. We're saving our receipts and figure we've cut our grocery bill in half. It's worth checking out, but keep in mind, you have to stick with it.

Some people can do this without the help, but I like someone doing all the thinking and planning for me. After several weeks, you start shopping your pantry and freezer for dinner, instead of the grocery store at full price.

It's been more fun than I thought it would be. My husband or my son shops with me. My 17 year old daughter makes grocery runs for me because she is having so much fun driving. LOL The whole family is involved.

Does that make sense? If you decide to sign up, let me know and I'll give you my email address. They have a referral (sp?) system and if I refer 3 people, I get 12 weeks free. :) It's $10 for your first store and $5 for each additional store you add. They also have drug stores in the system as well. I'm normally too cheap to try something like this, but it is really helping us. I'm glad I went for it.

God bless you. Hope to see you around. Kindest regards to you and your family.

Thia said...

Great idea, the classes like home ec; I am going to remember it!

A happy heart at home said...

Mmmm - homemade brownies! Your husband did great getting his paper done. RYC: I use the Old El Paso tortilla bake box mix. It's really easy and good, too.

~Susan