Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gratituesday


There are so many things to be thankful for. I am thankful for my woman's Bible study at Church. We are doing a study entitled "The secret to Contentment" by Juanita Pursell. "Contentment is built on a relationship with Christ-a solid foundation that never changes." She talks about living a palms up life. Giving everything I mean everything over to God. Do not clench anything in your hands. Open your palms up and hand everything over to him. You will not have to be fearful of what he will take if you give everything over to him already. Easier said than done....right?! I am working on living a palms up life.
"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
John 10:10
To see other Gratituesday posts stop by the Heavenly Homemakers and read more posts. Or better yet join us.

4 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I agree it is definitely easier to say we are going to give controll to God than to do it. Thank you for sharing this reminder!

Sandra said...

Great reminder :)

Laura said...

I like that idea, "palms up". Great thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that! "Palms up." I'll have to write that down.