Saturday, May 30, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas {21 Day Fix}

When you change your lifestyle and the way you eat that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor.  One of the main reasons diets fail is because you are always told you cannot have something.  I firmly believe that in order to succeed at losing weight you must convince yourself this is a lifestyle change not a diet.  So with that said, I am now on a quest to transform all of our favorite foods.

We absolutely love anything buffalo style.  A nice crispy deep fried full of fat chicken wing was one of our favorites.  I am determined to not give up on our favorite foods.  I just need to learn how to make them a little healthier.  That is how this was born!


Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas (4 servings)

8 whole grain tortillas
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
4 teaspoons hot sauce (not chicken wing sauce)
1 small container of blue cheese
4 ounces of cheddar or mozzarella cheese

In a very hot cast iron skillet place one tortilla.  Add some of the chicken, 1 teaspoon hot sauce (more or less depending on how spicy you like it), blue cheese, cheddar cheese.  Top with another tortilla.  Place another cast iron skillet on top of the quesadilla.  Cook for about 2 minutes on one side then flip to the other side.  Cook just long enough for the cheese to melt.  Repeat 3 more times. 

For those following the 21 Day Fix your container count would be: 2 Yellow 1 Red 1 Blue with the blue container I filled up half with cheddar cheese and then the rest blue cheese. 


These were SO good!  Makes for a quick supper!  It amazes me that I can still eat my favorites and lose weight!!  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

Sounds delicious!!

Mary said...

It does sound delicious. I love Buffalo chicken anything myself. I bet the chicken mixture would be great on celery sticks as well.