Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Homemade Dry Ranch Seasoning


We are trying to make most of what we eat ourselves.  Since we cannot have farm animals where we live I try to make the prepackaged foods we eat.  Once you get started it really is not that difficult.  I make them in large batches so they are here when I need them.  Today I made dry ranch seasoning.  Not only does this taste better than those packets, there isn't a bunch of extra stuff in it.  Stuff that has really no business of going into our bodies.

Here are the cast of characters...

1/4 cup pepper
1 1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup granulated garlic
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/8 cup salt
3/4 cup onion flakes
2 tablespoons dill weed

Layer the ingredients into a large container.  I used a quart size jar.  Then mix the ingredients well.  Or if you use a jar put the top on and shake away.

2 tablespoons of this mix is equal to the packet.  This mix has a bit more pepper flavor than the packets.  If you do not like the taste of pepper just reduce the amount you add.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

Guess what I'm making today? lol

I love ranch seasoning and it's expensive to buy and nowhere near as healthy. Thanks for the recipe Jen :)