Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tortilla Pizza {21 Day Fix}

When you make your mind up to lose weight and become healthy it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor or your favorites.  Last week I was craving pizza.  So instead of picking up the phone and calling the local pizza place I made a healthier version!


Now this recipe is to make one serving of this pizza.  If you want to make more just multiply by how many you would like to serve.

Tortilla Pizza

1 large tortilla (I actually found very thin oval ones)
2 teaspoons tomato sauce (not pasta sauce)
1 teaspoon oregano (fresh or dried)
1 garlic clove, minced finely
1 teaspoon onion flakes
1 cup spinach or kale, sautéed slightly
3/4 cup cooked sausage (turkey or whatever you choose)
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Place the tortilla on a baking sheet.  Spread the tomato sauce onto the tortilla.  Sprinkle on the oregano, garlic and onion flakes evenly over the tortilla.  Place the spinach or kale evenly over the tortilla.  Next layer the sausage and finally the cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and everything is warmed through. 

For those who are also on the 21 Day Fix....

 I did actually count this as 2 yellow containers.  But I did not eat this all in one sitting.  I was so full after eating half of it.  ENJOY!  If you want to know what I've been doing check it out the 21 Day Fix.

No comments: