Monday, August 11, 2014

Chicken Ranch Taco Salad

I do a beef version of taco salad that my family loves.  So I thought why not try a chicken version but with ranch dressing.


Chicken Ranch Taco Salad

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Taco Seasoning
1 head of lettuce, cut up
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1 bottle Ranch dressing (I used southwestern ranch dressing)
1 bag of Cool Ranch Doritos

While the chicken is still warm add the taco seasoning and stir.  I cooked my chicken with the taco seasoning.  Either way works. 

In a large bowl add the lettuce, cheese and chicken.  Toss until these are mixed well.  Pour the dressing over the mixture.  Mix until the salad is well coated in the dressing. 

Open the bag of Doritos and crush the chips.  When you plate the salad add the Doritos on top.  If you mix the chips in the salad they will become soggy.  No one likes a soggy chip. 


My husband said he likes this better than the original.

No comments: