Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Changes Continue

We have homeschooled our children for the past 8 years.  We have even graduated our oldest child out of homeschool.  Our son has wanted to attend public school for sometime now.  He really had a desire to play sports.  With everything we have gone through this year we felt the time was right.  As soon as the decision was made we knew that this was the plan God had for our family.  Never once did we feel we had made the wrong decision.  Andrew is a natural born leader.  He does not conform to the way the crowed is.  Because of this it made it much easier to send him.

One of his favorite verses is Romans 12:2, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Within a week of completing registration he was out on the football field.  It quickly became apparent to us that he defiantly has athletic abilities.  The coach asked if he would be interested in playing Quarterback.  Honestly, he never wanted to play quarterback at all.  But he gave the answer any coach wants to hear, "yes coach, anywhere you need me I will play". 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:12

In the above picture Andrew is in the white jersey handing the ball off.  I will get better pictures when the games start.  We chatted about Tim Tebow after practice the other day.  Andrew has followed Tebow's career since the early days of his career in Florida.  Since the day Andrew agreed to play quarterback he has been watching YouTube videos of Tebow.  Not only is Tim Tebow a great athlete, but he is an amazing man of God! 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

I won't pretend that I wasn't at all emotional about him entering public school.  I was!!  Especially last night while getting his stuff all together.  He looked at me with those baby blue eyes and said, "You know what I'm going to miss the most? You as my teacher."  {insert hysterical crying and sobbing} This boy knows exactly how to touch my heart!!  Now that the dust has settled from the morning I am once again crying.  Not because I'm "worried" but because for the first time in 8 years he is gone all day to school. 

I'm sure he will have moments today where he feels very overwhelmed.  I know there are many praying for him as he sets out on this new journey in life.  He has grown up so much in the past year.  OH why can't they just stay little?? 

I refrained myself from running after him down the street with the camera.  IT was bad enough I was standing in the window as he walked out of sight.  It will get better as the days go on.  It's so quiet here now.  Hannah is our sole homeschool student now.  She is quietly working on her math lesson. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

Aww, my eyes teared up for you. You have given him the foundation he needs to step out into the world. He will be just fine. And so will you :)

Farmlife Chick said...

Waaaaa! Sniff, sniff! What a sweet thing for him to say!!!