Monday, June 17, 2013

Letchworth State Park~New York

Letchworth State Park in Western NY is often referred to as "The Grand Canyon of the East".  It is just a short drive from here.  We really should visit there more often.  It is so large you can find very quiet and beautiful places to have a picnic.  There is also cabins you can rent year round.  We are actually thinking about it for our anniversary.  So grab a cup of tea, coffee or whatever your heart desires.  There are a lot of pictures.  I was so excited to get out and play around with the camera in such a beautiful setting!

This park is about 17 miles long!  The train trestle in the picture was built in 1875 after a fire destroyed the original one that was made of wood.  The park is home to 3 waterfalls. 

When something this beautiful is so close to home I often wonder why we do not visit more often.  We often take for granted the beautiful things all around us.


 
 
This is such a breath taking view!  The Indians first settled on this land.  I cannot even imagine walking through those woods.

 
 








Our dog Charlie had such a great time with us.  He was extremely tired after our trip.  He is just SO adorable.



This picture often reminds me of the verse in Job 8:17 "His roots wrap around the rock heap, And look for a place in the stones."

 


These tables were so cool!  The view from these are just amazing!


Who knew they still made pay phones!!






I think they are ready to go!  At least Charlie was. 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!! Its been a long time since I visited and I do apologize but I am sure glad I stopped by