Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Finding Peace

 


Where does your peace come from? How do you find it? Have you found it? These are the questions that have been rolling around in my head the past few years. I crave peace and peaceful living. But what exactly does that look like? 

For me personally peace comes in many forms. One of the ways I experience peace is to walk outside in the woods after a heavy snowfall. Nothing is moving, there is silence and a crispness to the air. All I hear are my footsteps on the frozen ground. Most of the snow has a slight shine to it. Almost like God has thrown glitter onto us. 

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

Finding peace in the midst of chaos is important as well. I mentioned in a previous post that our lives have been turned upside down the past few years. So finding peace became a focus for me. Brewing a pot of tea and sitting in the dining room with soft lights on brings me peace. Where I can just sit and be in the presence of my Heavenly Father. One of the most important lessons I have learned is I have been putting God on a back burner. Only going to Him when I was in trouble, frightened, scared or needed something. It took all kinds of tragedies in my life to bring be running back to Him. I realized that I need Him in ALL things!! 

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thessalonians 3:16
Peace is also holding onto something that one of my grandparents had. I was blessed to inherit my Grandmother and Great-Grandmother's recipe boxes. I will share more about that in another post. Seeing their handwriting on a piece of paper or a recipe card is a feeling like none other! Our handwriting is one of the only part of us we can leave behind for the next generation. 

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

My peace comes from the Lord! My job is to stop putting God behind me! I need Him to be in front of me always. Guiding me, leading me and protecting me! This is the only way a person will find peace in this world! 

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. in the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33


So where are you finding your peace? Are you finding it in things of this world? I strongly urge you to seek your peace in Heaven. 

No comments: