Monday, May 3, 2021

Happy at Home!

 

Good Morning!  Well praise the Lord we are all healed and able to return to our normal lives again.  I must admit I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.  I really enjoyed being at home the past 10 days, unable to go anywhere.  I am thankful my husband and son have seemed to recover fully from COVID.  So alas, all "good" things must come to an end.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE my job and having the ability to work at home the past 2 weeks was a huge blessing.  I do cherish the weekends, because I get to tinker around the house cleaning, baking and just being with my family.

I am linking up with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for this Happy Homemaker.


♥♥The Weather♥♥

We going to be in the Mid 50 to 60's most of the week. With the 30's in the evenings.  Looks like a lot of rain headed our way also.  Welcome to Spring in Western NY! 


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥

I am tired.  It will probably take a while for us to get back into the routine of getting up with an alarm again.  We were all sleeping in the past 10 days.  But I am so ready for the routine again.  I really have missed all of my co-workers.


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥

A couple of eggs, bacon and a piece of toast.


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥

For Christmas my husband got me a cookbook I have always wanted. It is a 1975 edition.  So I will be picking a few recipes out of this to make this week.  Yesterday I made a Pecan Pie out of this.  It was the first time I had made one.  



♥♥On my tv♥♥

I am going to be watching a few shows I recorded from the past week.  

  • The Waltons
  • Little House on the Prairie 
  • Aurora Teagarden  This is a Hallmark Mystery series that star Candace Cameron Bure.  She is a librarian that loves to solve murder mysteries.
  • Chronicle Mysteries This is another Hallmark Mystery series of movies.  This one stars Alison Sweeney who does true crime podcasts and helps solve the mysteries. 

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

Monday - Sloppy Joes

Tuesday - Chicken something....I have not really decided yet. May tacos.

Wednesday - Chili or Hamburger Stew

Thursday - Chicken, bacon ranch  with potatoes in the instant pot.

Friday - Hamburgers and Hot dogs on the grill

Saturday - Hannah's birthday so we will be eating out.

Sunday - Not sure yet.


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥

Since we have all been home the past 10 days and me still having to work 8 hours and care for my sick family, lets just say it looks lived in!

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥


I will sit outside and enjoy God's creation.

♥♥Something I want to share♥♥ 


This was the first year since my daughter was born we were not able to spend a lot of time together on her birthday due to our quarantine.  I was heartbroken and cried a lot.  She came up with the idea of her coming over and we could just visit through the window.  I did end up going outside and sitting on the porch with her.  My mom was so kind enough to come up and take my daughter out for her birthday.  I cannot believe she is 27 years old!! Seems like yesterday I was bringing her home.  

♥♥Devotional, inspirational, prayer list or Bible verse♥♥

Ephesians 6:11-13

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to sand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."


4 comments:

Felicia said...

Glad to hear that you all recovered fairly easily from Covid. We've been so fortunate to not have it strike us but it has hit a few in the family. Nasty stuff for sure.

The Joy of Cooking is one of my favorite cookbooks. And pecan pies are my speciality, they are a must-have every holiday season here in Louisiana.

Have a great week

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

So glad that everyone is felling better. Rest up and enjoy the week. Joy of Cooking is a classic- what a wonderful present.

Jean said...

Glad everyone's fully recovering. Pecan pie sounds yummy. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

Luludou said...

So glad you are all recovered. Pecan pie, love it! So precious these days to be able to visit with our family.
Have a wonderful week.