Monday, April 26, 2021

Happy at Home!

 My soul is most content when I am at home.  Puttering around the house, cooking, cleaning and just loving on my family.  Alas, that is not possible in this current stage of life we are in. That is ok! I just really look forward to the weekends where I can do just that.  BUT for the past almost 2 weeks we have been in quarantine at home due to COVID.  I am working from home, but because I do not have to commute, my "free time" is a bit more the past few days.  When I am able I will participate in Sandra's Homemaker posts.  I have changed the title up a bit, because it seems to suit my current situation.  


♥♥The Weather♥♥

The weather here in NY is finally showing spring.  We are a bit chilly today, around 48 degrees.  The rest of the week seems to be a little warmer.  Makes me really want to get out and soak up the sunshine!

♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥

I am feeling pretty well this morning.  I had a great night sleep for the first time in over a week.  My son and husband contracted COVID so I have been caring for them.  Putting my EMT skills to use again.  The past week has been very difficult.  

♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥

Our church family has been providing meals to us since my son and husband's diagnosis.  So this morning I had a bowl of a wonderful yogurt and fruit dish a friend brought.  I have not been hungry the past few mornings.  

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥

On top of all the COVID stuff I have been dealing with, I am currently working towards becoming a Certified Biblical Counselor.  I am one class away from being finished with the "learning" portion of the training.  Then I have to submit my exam for Theology and Counseling.  So my reading list consists of:

"The Christian Counselor's Manual"

"Counseling the Hard Cases"

I am also reviewing a few potential bible studies for our fall ladies bible study at church. One is "Woven" by Angie Smith.  The other one is "In His Image" by Jen Wilkin

♥♥On my tv♥♥

We have been enjoying:

The Middle

The Waltons

Various crime shows we enjoy watching.

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

We are having a week of comfort foods!  

Monday - Hotdogs wrapped in croissant rolls and potato salad

Tuesday - I think someone from church is bringing supper

Wednesday - Chili

Thursday - Steak and baked potatoes

Friday - Chicken with stuffing

Saturday - Uncertain

Sunday - Uncertain

♥♥Looking around the house♥♥

I am seeing left over stuff of the weekend. I have some dishes to put away.  Laundry to put away.  I have all of the windows open and trying to get rid of the germs here!

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

Head outside and just soak up the sunshine.  We cannot leave our property at all due to quarantine. But we can just sit outside and enjoy each other.

♥♥Something I want to share♥♥ 

No matter what you are going through, take the time to smell the roses.  The situation you are in will subside eventually.  Take time to love on those around you!

♥♥Devotional, inspirational, prayer list or Bible verse♥♥



If you want to join along in this blog fun head on over to Sandra's blog at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom to join in!

4 comments:

Sherry Jolly said...

ACK! We have been hit by COVID too! My daughters and sisters are recovering pretty well. My Dad and I are still in the throes! I hope you are able to keep it at bay! Praying your family comes through it to a full recovery!

Luludou said...

I just love the title!! 'Happy at Home'
Sorry you are dealing with covid - hoping everyone heals quickly.
Have a great week

Carol said...

Hello from another New Yorker! Spring is finally arriving in my area as well and I couldn't be happier. So sorry to hear that your family members have COVID -- hoping they recover quickly. Sounds like they're in good hands with an EMT taking care of them!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Happy at home is a perfect title. I too would never leave if I didn't have to :) So sorry to hear your family is suffering with COVID - keeping you in my prayers for a quick healing. Try and enjoy the spring and have a GREAT week.