Thursday, November 5, 2015

Ten Years!

This year has been a year of milestones for our family.  Our eldest daughter turned 21, our middle daughter turned 18 and our son turned 16.  NOW my husband and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage.  It has been quite a journey to this point. 

It was a beautiful autumn day.  The leaves on the trees were very vibrant.  The temperature was around 70 degrees (much like it will be here today!).  We were blessed to be able to be married at the Genesee Country Village and Museum.  As many of you know we absolutely love it there so becoming husband and wife here was a natural fit.

We have had quite a bumpy road.  We have walked together through happy times and difficult times.  We experienced death of loved ones and the birth of nieces and nephews. 

At times it feels like we have been married a lot longer than 10 years.  Other times it feels like we are still newlyweds. 

The kids were just little ones on this day 10 years ago.  I am amazed everyday at how my husband stepped into the roll of father to these kids.  He loves them like they are his own.  Never once has he made them feel like they were not. 

Not only did we become husband and wife on this day, we also became a family. 

We were in financial trouble on the day we were married.  Our bank account was empty but our hands were full.  Never once have we left each other hanging in times of trials.  Matt is my rock.  He holds me up even when I do not know I need it.  He is always there for me and the kids. 

2005 was a very difficult year for my family.  My sister was walking through a very serious medical problem that had her fighting for her life at times.  We were so happy when she was able to attend our wedding. 

In the past 10 years we have lost very dear loved ones.  I miss them each and everyday.  My grandfather, my great-grandmother, and Matt's brother.  I am happy they were able to be a part of our day.


The kids were so excited for our wedding.  They were all so happy to be apart of this day.  Andrew was worried the whole day that we would be leaving and never coming back.  He was attached to us the whole day. 

I just love this church.  It was a perfect fit for us.  Even to this day we go in and sit to reminisce of that day.  When we go on the Yuletide tour at the museum it is one of the stops we look forward to .  The church is all aglow in candlelight.

My Grandpa and Grandma McClure.  I miss my grandfather each and everyday.

Grandpa and Grandma Godown with my great-grandmother


My parents

I DO!

The minister forgot to advise Matt to kiss his bride....but that didn't stop us. 

My family. Minus a few nieces and nephews.

The bridal party.


Matt and his brothers.  I love this picture.  His brother Dave on the right end passed away a few years ago.  What I wouldn't give for one of his jokes. 




Happy Anniversary to my husband!!  I love you more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.

2 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

Happy anniversary!! I love your wedding photos! The kids all just look adorable! I love the color you chose, deep and rich!

Anonymous said...

A great day indeed! The last 3,650 days have been a great ride, because it has been with you! I love you my beautiful blue eyed bride!