Tuesday, April 21, 2015

EMS Prayer

Well next week I will begin my EMT training.  I am officially a member of our local ambulance service.  I hope to start taking shifts pretty soon.  I am very excited to begin this next chapter in my life.  This is something I have thought of doing again for many years.  Now that things have settled down in our family I am taking that step. 


EMS Prayer

As I perform my duties Lord
Whatever be the call.
Help to guide and keep me safe
From danger big and small.
I want to serve and do my best,
No matter what the scene.
I pledge to keep my skills refined,
My judgment quick and keen.
This calling to give of myself,
Most do not understand.
But I stand ready all the time,
To help my fellow man.
To have the chance to help a child,
Restore his laugh with glee.
A word of thanks I may not hear,
But knowing is enough for me.
The praise of men is fine for some
But I feel truly blessed,
That you, Oh Lord have chosen me
To serve in EMS
 
 
 


2 comments:

Your loving hubby said...

I'm always praying for you Sweets! I love you! I am confident that you will be an outstanding EMT! You will do fine with these upcoming classes. The Bible says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

May God bless you and give you wisdom and skills you need to do His work.

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

P.S. Thanks for talking back!