Thursday, September 4, 2014

Banana Raisin Muffins

This weeks has gone by pretty fast.  That is a very good thing because I am exhausted!  Taking care of 2 very active kids plum tuckers me out.  I am really missing my husband!!  I am very thankful tomorrow is Friday.  Tomorrow night I am going up to my husband's work to have dinner with him. 

So now onto my Cooking Thursday post.  This is hosted each Thursday by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  I apologize for any mistakes ahead of time.  I am fighting to keep my eyes open.  Haha and its not even bedtime yet.


Banana Raisin Muffins

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1/2 cup raisins or walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Fill a 12 muffin tin with paper liners. 

Cream the butter and sugar until well incorporated.  Then add the eggs.  Add the mashed bananas into the mixture.   Now add the flour and mix until just mixed.  If you want you can now add the raisins or walnuts..or both if you like. 

Fill the paper muffin cups about two-thirds full.  Bake for 20-25 minutes. 


Trust me when I say you are going to LOVE these muffins.  I got the original recipe from the Amish cookbook my husband got me.  But like I mentioned in an earlier post, most of the recipes have only ingredients listed.  So I put the instructions together.  It is basically how I learned how to cook..  My grandmother cooks like this. 

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I have never thought to put raisins in banana muffins... yummy!

Sandra said...

Like Wendi, I have never used raisins in banana muffins but now I may have to give it a try :)