Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

Thank you Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
As I look outside my window...
The sunshine is deceiving.  It is -2 outside right now.  The sunshine on the new snow makes it look like glitter.

Right Now I Am...
Chatting with my husband and Hannah. 

Thinking and pondering...
About everything we need to do for Hannah's services.  It's been a whirlwind of a week.  Phone calls, appointments and many decisions.

On My bedside table...
Bible, Kindle, and a very interesting book "Born Again Dirt: Farming to the Glory of God" by Noah Sanders

On My TV tonight...
Olympics.  Found out my Dad's cousin made it to the finals!  He is on the relay team for speedskating.  I believe they are skating on the 21st.

Playing on the radio...
Nothing at the moment. 

On The Menu this week...
Monday~ Baked Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Tuesday~ Tacos
Wednesday~ Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
Thursday~ Ham Steak with homemade Mac and Cheese
Friday~ Waffles and Sausage

On My To Do List...
Start on the girls blankets
List curriculum for sale
Clean
Laundry

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
Girls blankets...they wanted fleece blankets
Pick out my next quilting project.

My simple pleasure...
Listening to my children giggle and act silly.

Lesson learned the past week...
Do not stop fighting for something.  Even if it takes years.  We started the fight for our daughter's official disability diagnosis 10 years ago.  We ran into brick wall after brick wall!  All of the organizations told us that if she was in public school she would already have it...bla bla bla.  I knew that wasn't the case.  The first thing I wanted to do with the paper was go over to my kids grandmother on their dad's side and shove it in her face.  She has done nothing but blame me for everything "wrong" with the kids. 

Looking Around the House...
I'm going to tackle painting the trim in the bathrooms. 

From The Camera...


On my prayer list...
Family
Friends of my parents, Bob and Shelia (The husband was in their wedding) she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
A woman we know who is fighting for custody of 3 children.

Bible Verse, Devotional...
"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.
For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield."
Psalm 5:11-12


No comments: