Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

Thank you Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this every week.


As I look outside my window...
I see everything covered in a beautiful blanket of snow.  The birds are feasting at our feeders. 

Right Now I Am...
Listening to the news and my daughters chat about stuff.

Thinking and pondering...
About upcoming Christmas.  This year has been nothing but one trial after another.  We are looking forward to Christmas and the New Year. 

On My bedside table...
An Amish Christmas
My Kindle loaded with all kinds of wonderful books.

On My TV tonight...
Most likely a Christmas movie

Playing on the radio...
I usually only play the radio via my phone.  We listen to the Family Life Network's streaming channels.  One of my favorites is Peaceful Christmas. You can listen on your computer as well.  Go on over and have a listen.

On The Menu this week...
It's going to be a fend for yourself week.  Hannah has some diagnostic testing this week.  We HOPE to get a diagnosis on paper finally of her disabilities. 

On My To Do List...
Hannah's testing
Christmas decorating

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
Working on a couple of afghans.

My simple pleasure...
I've become addicted to soft caramels.  So I have a couple of bags hidden at times around the house.

Lesson learned the past week...
I'm trying to go with the flow.  It's becoming so hard to do.  I feel like we are constantly under attack.  Our van had to be towed to the mechanic this weekend.  My dad thinks it is the fuel pump.  It is just another expense added to our ever growing pile of stuff we cannot pay for.  Medical bill are starting to come in for the injury to Andrew's hand.  He will have surgery on the 16th to fix his fingers.  I'm trying to remember God is in control. 

Looking Around the House...
The dog is sleeping on the couch.  Our daughters are giggling away at some silly stuff.  My husband is chatting with me about football.  The cat is sleeping on the couch behind my husband.

From The Camera...


On my prayer list...
A family from our church who is having a lot of struggles.
Family
That everyone would remember the real reason for Christmas

Bible Verse, Devotional...
2 Timothy 4:5
"But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."


No comments: