Friday, December 13, 2013

Another week gone!

There are only 18 days left of 2013!!  This is one New Years I am really looking forward to.  It's been a long year.  One I do not plan on looking back on often.  God has brought us through, as we knew He would.

We have one more hurdle to jump over before the year ends.  Monday our son Andrew will undergo surgery on his hand.  I mentioned before that he was deliberately pushed at school from behind.  This resulted in 4 fractures in his hand.  Now that the fractures have healed the doctor noticed he has damage requiring surgery.  So this coming Monday bright and early he will have this surgery to fix his hand.  

Because my husband had 2 eye surgeries this past February he has no more time off from work.  If he took the day off we would have no pay.  So my wonderful Mom has agreed to go with me.  I haven't been able to sleep.  Andrew has never had any kind of surgery before. 

I think any Mom out there can understand where I am coming from.  This is my baby!  I know God is in control.

On another note... the snow has continued to fall here.  We have close to 8 inches now.  It continues to fall.  Tomorrow we are supposed to get another 8 inches.  Which I would not mind.  But tomorrow our church is holding our monthly Foodlink grocery outreach.  People stand in line for groceries.  I feel so horrible for everyone that has to stand out there.  We have also collected coats and winter items to give out.  This event has grown by leaps and bounds for months! 

Here is what it looks like outside my window.  It's very cold outside as well.  How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?  What was your week like?  How can we pray for you?

No comments: