Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pork Chops with Apples

This year the apple crop is wonderful here in NY.  Last year the apple crop was destroyed.  I am really looking forward to many apple goodies this fall.  It's hard for me to keep apples here because the kids eat them before I can cook with them.


Pork Chops with Apples

1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 ground black pepper
2 pounds pork chops with bone
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion sliced thin
2 apples (a good baking apple) cored and sliced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth

Mix the flour, poultry seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper together in a shallow pan.  Reserve 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and set aside.  Dredge the pork chops in the remaining flour mixture.  Shake off the excess flour.  Heat oil in a large pan and add the pork chops.  I used my 6 quart stock pot.  Cook the pork chops for about 5-6 minutes per side until almost cooked through.  Remove the chops from the pan and set aside to keep warm.

In the same pan add the apples and onions.  Cook for about 8 minutes or until the apples are tender.  Now take your reserved flour mixture and add the chicken broth to it.  Mix well so there are no lumps.  I find that if you place it into a jar and shake it turns out perfect.  Pour that into your pan of apples and onions.  Bring this to a boil.  Make sure you are stirring this around as it thickens.  Reduce the heat and place the pork chops back into the pan.  Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes longer. 


My family was amazed at how tender these pork chops were!  I must admit my pork always ends up as tough as leather.  A knife was not necessary when cutting these.  I hope you enjoy these as much as our family did.

2 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

I love apples and pork chops! I put them with sweet potatoes, brown sugar and cinnamon. So yummy! My chops are always tough too! Haha!

worldwidehealth said...

thanks for ur great posting on web design service we also provide quality web design and development services on affordable price plz look once
Rating Therapist