Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

Everyday Ruralty
 
1. Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day?  We usually just have a theme supper.  Usually something red, like spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna or pizza.  My husband and I choose to show each other our love all year not just one day out of the year.  The same goes for our children.
 
2. When you attend something that isn't totally casual, are you likely to wear dress pants or a dress?  Probably dress pants. 
 
3.  Do you use a regular toothbrush or on of the battery run kind? Regular
 
4. Did you have Valentines in school when you were a child? Yes we did and it made me feel funny.  Especially in the upper elementary years.  I think the valentines were read into much more then they should have.
 
5. If you could learn a new craft tomorrow what would it be?  I would like to learn how to sew clothing. 
 
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with number 4 and spaghetti sounds like a great idea for valentine's day thanks for the menu advice

Dreaming said...

I think the idea of doing a theme supper is pretty neat. What fun!
Have a great week with your family!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i always wonder in the long run is sewing your clothes cheaper & if so ... sign me up. because i have never had a normal shirt or dress coat. my arms are super long ... so i usually just push up my sleeves so they don't look super short. ( :

Patrice said...

I like the idea of treating each other good all year instead of just having something special for Valentine's Day. I will probably just make a nice dessert. I never regretted learning to sew. I was at that awkward age of 12 when my mom signed me up for a group sewing class at a fabric store. There were 6 young people and a teacher who was outstanding. It's a good skill to have.

HAppy Valentine's Day!

tonyamaries said...

I would love to learn to sew as well. I bought a machine last year so that I could sew on the cards I make, I have sewn on two cards so far...