Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather in my neck of the woods: snow, snow, snow, oh did I say snow.  It supposed to reach 35 degrees today!! WOOHOO....heat wave.
One of my simple pleasures: curling up on the couch with a new book.  I love that I'm reading so many great books.  Reviews will be up soon.

On my bed side table: cell phone, books, Bible

On my TV: kids are watching "Martha Speaks" it's a strange show...but teaches the children new words.

On the menu for tonight: homemade mac and cheese

On my to do list: clean, laundry, school for the kids, start working on the music for Easter program.  I'm playing my clarinet in the program again...I did play for Christmas as well.

New Recipe I tried last week: My wonderful husband bought me a new cookbook..."Taste of Home: Comfort Food Diet cookbook.  These are lower calorie and lower fat of your favorite comfort foods!! 

Ham n cheese squares
1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 carton (6 ounces) plain yogurt
1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 6)
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons caraway seeds
6 eggs

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs until thickened and lemon-colored; fold into ham mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.

Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. 

In the craft basket: scrapbook...a friend is coming over Friday to scrapbook...I can't wait!!

Looking forward to: Friday...see above.

Homemaking tip for this week: keeping your couch and chairs vacuumed will keep them looking new.

Favorite Blog post (mine or another):  I didn't read many blogs.

Favorite Photo from last week:.

Lesson learned the past few days: Serving the Lord comes in many different forms. 

On my prayer list: People that have been affected by the recent earthquakes.  Unsaved family and friends.  My husband as he finishes up his BA in Biblical Studies and starts seminary. Military Families

Devotionals, Key Verses, Scripture Reading: Romans 8:31 "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

No comments: