Monday, October 12, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...October 12th

Outside my window... COLD! We had frost this morning. I'm glad we took care of the gardens this weekend.

I am thinking... I am going to make a variety of breads today.

I am thankful for... a warm home and the ability to stay home and be a homemaker, wife, mother.

I am wearing... sweats, wool socks, and sweatshirt with my slippers. I said it was cold!

I am remembering... back to when my son was born. He is 10 today. I remember waiting for the doctor to arrive at the hospital so I could welcome the new blessing. I had a planned c section and the doctor was late.

I am going... to church Monday, Tuesday for our missions conference that started on Saturday. Wednesday nite kids program at church. Thursday we are traveling to Buffalo to hear David Jeremiah speak. We are excited about this opportunity to hear him.

I am reading...Love and Respect, a book I'm reading for a review.

I am hoping... we are ready for winter, I'm thinking it is on its way much earlier this year.

On my mind... the missionaries we have been hearing from this week.

From the learning rooms... nothing today, it is a holiday here, Andrew's birthday.

Noticing that... the leaves here are changing fast and falling off the trees just as quick.

Pondering these words... Nehemiah 4:14 "And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, "Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your homes."

From the kitchen... many loaves of bread.

Around the house... laundry to be put away, dusting, and more laundry to be done. Endless cycle.

One of my favorite things...stepping outside on a cool autumn morning and seeing the beauty of God's creation with the fresh layer of frost.

From my picture journal..We had hoped to get a few goats this spring for milking but at this point it looks like we will not be able to. Our property is not big enough for farm animals. We have almost an acre and were told there shouldn't be any trouble, but the town building inspector is coming out to see if we can squeeze in a small building. We want to be more self sufficient with our food. We also wanted to get some chickens, now we are only talking about 5 chickens and 3 or 4 goats.
To see more Simple Woman Daybooks visit The Simple Woman's Daybook blog.

No comments: