Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday

Food: I did not do well this week, but this week is a new beginning.

Water: this is still a struggle for me. I need to drink more water.

Exercise: walking with the children in the mornings around our property.

Challenges: I need to up my exercise. I'd like to get a low impact video to do here in the house. I've been given the OK from the doctor to return to full activities with no restrictions. I'm still thinking of trying to find a Richard Simmons video...I know he is VERY...well you know....but I use to work out to his videos with great success.

Successes: eating one helping at supper time. I have started packing my Husband's lunch before we sit down to supper. That way he always has a healthy lunch for work and I do not have seconds.

Plans for the next week: drink more water!!

Weigh-in: I've stayed the same since the last time I weighed in. I guess that is good.
Helpful Hints: drink a full glass of very cold water before you eat, it will help you feel satisfied and not over eat.

Healthy Recipe you tried or would like to try: With Memorial Day coming up this weekend I thought of this recipe to help control the fat intake that comes along with picnic foods most of the time.
Ranch Yogurt Dip

1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Assorted fresh vegetables

Directions: In a small bowl, whisk together the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with fresh vegetables. Refrigerate leftovers.

How was your week. If you post on your blog about your progress leave me a comment and let me know, once we have a few participating I'll place a mr. linky on my blog.

No comments: