Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I DO believe Spring is here!

Yesterday we had a high temperature of 60 degrees!  Goodness did that feel so good.  We spent time outdoors just soaking up the sunshine.  The windows were open for the first time in months.  I could hear the birds singing their song of rejoice that spring was here.


We watched a female cardinal "torment" a male one.  She was chirping and jumping on the branches.  It was pretty comical to watch.

She would jump up and then watch him from above.  He would start to get closer then jump away.  She was defiantly playing hard to get.  Haha. 

 Cardinals are by far my favorite bird.  I've always been a bird watcher.  When I was younger I would spend a few weeks in the summer with my grandparents.  I would sit at the table and watch the birds while I ate my breakfast. 

Now when the weather is nice I just love watching them.  That is one thing I really miss about our old house.  Being right in town now we do not get many birds around. 

Seeing the birds again tells me that spring is indeed on its way.  I'm sure we will have another day or two of snow.  But for today I will embrace the sunshine and the warmer temperatures.  It shouldn't be long before my spring flowers start to make an appearance through the ground. 

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love watching birds, and cardinals are among my favorite birds as well, great photos! We have several oaks in the yard, and get a variety of birds.

I really like your new header graphic. I'm not a wiz at creating such things, I started a blog, but my header graphic is pretty measley. :^)

The past few days here in southern Massachusetts have been nice, but today was glorious, when I was out buying groceries and then later doing yardwork, I had to take off my jacket because it was so warm out.

Mary said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog, and the reccomendation of Pic Monkey, I'll have to give it a try this weekend. All I have on my laptop, graphics-wise is the Paint program, which I can use for photographs and basic graphics like the header I made, I couldn't put together something professional looking on that.