Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods: cold and snowy.

One of my simple pleasures: curling up on the couch with a good book.

On my bedside table: Bible, lamp, cell phone

On my TV: nothing

On the menu for tonight: pasta with meat sauce

On my To Do List: school with the kids, clean the house, laundry

New Recipe I tried last week:
Instant Gravy
1 1/3 cups powdered milk
¾ cup flour
3 Tablespoons beef or chicken bouillon granules (3 cubes crushed equals 1 T)
¼ t onion powder
Combine all ingredients and store in a container.
To use: Combine ½ cup mix and 1 cup water with 1 ½ T. butter in a saucepan. Whisk this over medium heat until it is smooth, thick and bubbly. It takes about 2 or 3 minutes to thicken.
In the craft basket: valentines day cards

Looking forward to: my business trip to Pittsburgh with Tastefully Simple!!

Homemaking Tip for this week: don't forget behind the desk and TV stand. Dust bunnies LOVE to live back there. I always forget this area.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): Haiti Happenings is a blog I found that gives first hand accounts of everything going on down there. They are missionaries living there. Just be warned some of the pictures are hard to look at.
Favorite photo from last week: for some reason I can not upload any pictures today. I took some pictures of our "sparkle" snow. It looked as if God had been using the glitter. It was so beautiful this morning!!

Lesson learned the past few days: No matter how many time I screw up God always forgives me. I pray someday I'll be close to that. I have a hard time forgiving people.

On my Prayer List: My family, friends in need, military and their families, my Uncle who is having surgery tomorrow on his knee, my church family.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: Psalm 86:5 "For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You."
To read other Happy Homemaker Posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm so late coming around to visit everyone, sorry :)

Enjoyed your post thought.