Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Sandra's blog at Diary of a SAHM.

Weather in my neck of the woods...cold! We hit -4 Sunday morning. It is supposed to warm up slightly...yeah...23 today.
One of my simple pleasures...sitting around the table playing games with my family.

On my bedside table...Bible, book to review by Charles Stanley "How to Reach your Full Potential for God".

On my TV...nothing

On the menu for tonight...turkey noodle soup

On my to do list...clean and organize the bathroom and kitchen...deep clean!

New Recipe I tried this week....we are trying to trim our food budget greatly by making many of our own convience products. My family loves pudding so I found this recipe tucked into the back of my recipe notebook.

Chocolate Pudding Mix

2 1/2 cups instant dry milk
5 cups of sugar
3 cups corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups cocoa unsweetened

Mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container. Makes 10 servings

To Make...shake container to mix everything. Place 2/3 cup of mix in a sauce pan. Add 2 cups of milk cook over low heat stirring until it becomes thick and comes to a boil. Cook for 1 minute remove from heat and pour into serving cups. It will thicken more as it cools.

In the craft basket...scrapbook for my sister, curtains my sister has asked me to hem for her, some cards.

Looking forward to...visit from friends and our Pastor's wife is coming over on Friday.

Homemaking tip...take the time each week to purge your refrigerator. Otherwise it is a much larger task. This includes wiping down the shelves.

Favorite blog post...I really need to start writing down the blogs I visit so I remember.

Favorite photo....again have not uploaded any pictures.

Lesson learned...there are many "fake nice" people around. I was very disappointed to learn that there are some in our church. Ones that tell you something to your face and another behind your back. I have spent many hours in prayer over this. I pray the Lord will help me control my tongue so I do not say something harsh in response.

On my prayer list...family and military. Myself...see above, I have really been missing my friend who use to live just down the road. It has been almost a year since they moved but I'm still struggling with it. We use to get together all the time. I've been praying that the Lord sends a Christian friend with whom I can get together with.

Devotional, Scripture readings, key verse...Psalm 57:2-3 "I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me, God sends his love and his faithfulness."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your Happy Homemaker Monday post. Especially the reminder to clean out my fridge, lol I had that on my list of things to do, but didn't get around to it today (it's late here in England).

Sarah

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Thanks for stopping by!

LOL the fridge is something that should be on my to do list too. :)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

that's true. there are too many pretend Christians. It is hard to tell them from the real Christians until you are already involved. you don't want to think you have to be on guard in your own Church but it happens.
We're trying to clean out the older stuff in our freezer and pantry, too.
★Linda